Do you want to work in a fun, and innovative team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge in Data in a high-performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
Due to replacement in the Product & Development team we are immediately looking for a:
What does your day look like?
Your main responsibilities are to improve and maintain the BI data warehouse and other big data ecosystems, create and manage data pipelines and initiate projects that will contribute to the data accessibility within the organization
You’re responsible for making sure that data is accessible and ready for analysis. You also empower teams to collect, measure and present metrics while thinking about the project they will work on next. We need someone to help the teams do that by selecting the right infrastructure and by making sure the right data is available.
What does your team look like?
Within the Product & Development department we work with multiple Scrum teams. You’ll be part of our international in-house development team. We work using Scrum and Kanban.
Who are we looking for?
As our Data Engineer you are able to speak all of our data languages and funnel them into a single clear stream that is workable for everyone. This is an important role within the organization as you also transform raw data into information that is invaluable for data-driven decision-making.
At design level, you are able to assess the needs of both producers and consumers and maintain the architecture that best fits their needs. We are looking for someone with a level of independence, who is ambitious and wants to have impact.
You should be very familiar with:
- AWS S3 bucket storage (PULL, PUT, DELETE)
- API’s from internal and external sources (Google Analytics, Autocomplete)
- working with different encodings
- Parallel programming
- Standard git commands for version control
- Create data pipelines from scratch
- Manage data warehouse of BI
- Capable of downloading, processing, writing and storing various file extensions in Python / R
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. Some of our colleagues shared their experience on how it is to be an expat in the Netherlands
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- An informal working environment with ambitious colleagues with a strong team spirit;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with Stef, our Head of Product & Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or with Diane, our Recruiter, email@example.com or 06-38762512;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure;
- We strive for a quick and clear application procedure.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.