What does your day look like?
As our new front-end developer, you have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast-moving environment. Whether you optimize the booking funnel, implement A/B tests or improve the loading time of our search results page, you’ll be encouraged to think “out-of-the-box” and create the innovative solutions, leaving your mark on the company. As a front-end developer you have a lot freedom to define and execute your own front-end strategy.
What does your team look like?
Within the Product & Development department we work with 2 Scrum teams. You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The vacancy is open in the front-end team, which is responsible for the development and DevOps of:
- HotelSpecials - and BungalowSpecials websites available in NL, BE, AT, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
Learn more about being a developer at BookerZzz, read: Rob’s Story
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You should be very familiar with:
· HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Less, GitHub, Continuous Integration, DevOps for front-end web applications;
· Consuming APIs, UX, Browser Performance optimization;
· Writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX;
· Writing unit tests for large web applications;
· Debugging cross-browser compatibility issues;
· Data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, prioritization,etc.
- Have a passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies;
- Be able to solve problems in a creative manner and just get things done;
- Contribute to a fun working environment;
- Care about building a website right, with attention to pixels and clean, well-tested code;
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects, platforms and languages.
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. We recently moved! See the pictures and read the story of our New Office
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with Stef, our Head of Product & Development, email@example.com or with Diane, our Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-38762512;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure;
- We strive for a quick and clear application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.