Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge in Go Programming Development in a high-performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
Due to replacement in the Product & Development team we are looking for a:
Senior Golang Developer
At BookerZzz, we use the latest technology and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platforms
. We’re currently in the process of overhauling our stack, using Golang as our primary language, by creating a scalable micro service architecture to facilitate our international growth. We are looking for a software developer who is passionate about Go and DevOps to help us take our platform to new levels of awesome.
What does your day look like?
As our new Go Developer, you will be designing, building and maintaining web applications in Go which are serving lots of users every day. You will be improving reliability and performance of core components. Next to that you will be shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively and actively participate in our Scrum teams.
What does your team look like?
Within the Product & Development department we work with 3 Scrum teams. You will be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
Learn more about being a developer at BookerZzz, read: Rob's Story.
Who are we looking for?
- HotelSpecials- and BungalowSpecials (responsive) websites available in NL, BE, DE, AT, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
- Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels and bungalow parks.
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That is why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
Skills & requirements
- Design, develop and manage services in Go;
- Debug existing services and fix bugs;
- Deliver new product features;
- Participate in the scrum process;
- Coach developers in best practices;
- Maintain and improve our AWS infrastructure;
- Participate in on-call rotation;
Nice to have
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a developer;
- Good knowledge of Go (3+ years) and at least 1 other language (PHP, Python, etc.);
- Good knowledge of AWS (3+ years);
- Strong knowledge of data structures and software architecture;
- Able to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Team player. Our scrum team consists of software developers (front-end, back-end), UX designer, QA engineer and a product owner;
Who are we?
- Experience with DevOps;
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Terraform;
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office! Read here how it all began!
Where are we?
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. We recently moved! See the pictures and check out the story about our New Office
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- An informal working environment with ambitious colleagues with a strong team spirit;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with our Go team lead Chris via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation;
- A reference check and an assessment will be part of the application procedure.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.